Sunday, February 28, 2010

From Top to Bottom(s)

From this:


One nice red top with plenty of stretch. Received it from Freecycle and, well, I figured it would look better as undies than a top!


To this: 

3 pairs of undies all cut out and ready to go. Using old clothes, whether they come from the wardrobe, Freecycle or the op-shop is turning out to be a great way to find good quality knit fabrics. 

Only problem I have with this fabric is I realised after cutting that it is polyester not cotton so I'm not too keen on it going on my little boy's bottom. If I'd noticed earlier I would've used it purely to make the leg and waist bands as it has a great stretch to it. I will still make the undies up, they can be spare undies for my bag, the car etc. 

A perfect blog-post would now have a pic of the finished undies, but, heck, I'm not perfect. And I think I've done pretty well given it's just 7.30 on Sunday morning :)

1 comment:

Natalie Hennekam said...

Nice! Clever Mama :-)
Could you just cut a cotton gusset to line them with?