This is very similar to the 90-minute shirt tutorial that I tried a while ago (but never blogged as it didn't quite work out - my fault, not that of the tute, which is really quite awesome). This was actually done from a very old pattern that I got at a garage sale. I cut this top out last year sometime but was too scared to finish it. I've been trying to finish off all my WIPs tho, so attacked this one too. The neckline binding isn't perfect, but I'm pretty happy with it for a first go. You may notice that the sleeves aren't finished yet... I want to bind them and the bottom of the top to match the neckline. This is a size one, but it is really quite roomy on my little guy who is now 2.25yo (altho he is quite small).
I will use the pattern from this to fix up the shirt I attempted using the 90-minute shirt tutorial as it was my pattern drafting that caused problems. Then I will sew up the other two I have cut out ready to go. It's so nice to be able to make tops for my boy - and it really wasn't hard at all. Oh, and the first one only took me 2 hours so the 90 minutes is a pretty good estimate. I think I'll get in under that for the next one.