Monday, December 8, 2008

No More: Dishcloths

Purchased ones that is. We had decided to give up buying dishcloths a while ago, I thought I included it in November, but it appears I didn't. Well, maybe it was a bonus one? I know I haven't written my No More post for December, but it's coming, and it's not dishcloths...

But anyway...We decided to not buy more dishcloths and the last one was getting manky. So I had to finish this little project which I started long ago. It really didn't take me long, finished it off while a little somebody napped. Made it out of crochet cotton that I got from freecycle. Gotta love freecycle. To be honest, I wasn't sure how it would hold up, but it is doing well so far. Survived at least a dozen work outs so far. And it feels good, so much better than store-bought cloths.

So here it is. Dodgy photo, I know, but you get the point.



The second one is currently in production - I got a whole bag of the cotton from freecycle and it's all going to dishcloths. They are great way of trying out new patterns too, as it really doesn't matter if you stuff it up! After all, it's only going to be used to wash dishes!

1 comment:

Natalie Hennekam said...

That's great - got to love freecycle!
It reminds me - I have a whole bag of cotton I bought a couple of years ago for knitting up dishcloths. I'd forgotten all about it, and have been using icky stinky sponges. One more job to do... :-)