Friday, December 12, 2008

A Buggy Bib

Buggy as in butterflies and bees, not errors...




A last-minute pressie for a 1st birthday. I used the tute found here: http://www.nicolemdesign.com.au/tips/index.html but left off the pocket (I was in a hurry!!). I did do a practice run yesterday which DS tried out at dinner last night. It worked! I'm pretty excited at how quickly this came together, I cut it out and pinned it last night, and made the bias binding. But I did all the sewing this morning. There's about 2 meters of binding involved.

I can see some problems with it - the binding is wrinkly around the neck (anyone wanna tell me how to fix that??) and when I was taking photos I noticed that I sewed the arm holes bits on unevenly...but it is just a bib so I'm not too stressed. Plus, it's the thought that counts - right?


I can see me making a few more of these as pressies. I did the back and the binding out of the same stuff (ummm... that'd be black drill(?) from SL) and the inner layer is an old towel. It is pretty thick, but I figure that is good, nice and absorbent. Handy for learning to drink from a cup and that sort of thing.

3 comments:

Karen said...

This looks great - what a fabulous present.
I love bibs that wrap around and cover lots of baby - less mess to clean-up.
Will add it to the EB tutorials list, if it's not on there already.
Well done to you.

Miss Silver Spoon Vintage said...

its gorgeous! love it, well done. will add that one to my list of things to try.

Natalie Hennekam said...

How gorgeous is that fabric! I've been eying off this bib pattern - you've inspired me to have a go!